“Michigan Orthopedic Specialists Celebrate 15 Years of Service”
Originally built in 1912 to provide water to the residents of Dearborn, Henry Ford’s Waterworks Building is still serving it’s residents. Although the pumps stopped in the 1930’s, the building has enjoyed a variety of uses through the years. It is most famously known for its conversion to a research lab used by George Washington Carver during his visit in July of 1942, 70 years ago. The building underwent major renovations in 1997 after the Don Carlos Restaurant was lost to extensive damage from a water main break that flooded Michigan Avenue. Carefully preserving the original structure which now serves as a patient lobby, the building was expanded to make way for a medical practice which is now known as Michigan Orthopedic Specialists.
Carrying on a tradition of excellence, Eric T. Silberg, MD, Joseph C. Finch, DO, Marc J. Milia, MD, Nilesh M. Patel, MD and Alfred M. Faulkner DO are all distinguished physicians in their field, offering a wide range of orthopedic services, including physical therapy, to the residents of Dearborn and the surrounding communities.
To celebrate its 15 year anniversary, Michigan Orthopedic Specialists is proud to be a sponsor for the Michigan Arthritis Foundation’s 2012 Downriver Walk, being held at Rivergate Terrace in Riverview on August 25 2012.. “Arthritis affects so many of our patient’s life. We see first hand, it’s debilitating impact on the quality of life, we felt it was important as an office to take a stand”, says Tricia Adamen, Practice Manager. To learn more about the Michigan Arthritis Foundation 2012 Downriver Walk, visit www.letsmovetogether.com or call Michigan Orthopedic Specialists at 313-277-6700.